- Have a look at this site and choose ONE famous person: a Civil Rights Hero, an Explorer, a Scientist, an Inventor or an Artist. Biographies for Kids
- Read his/her biography carefully. Answer the QUIZ below.
- Try to find another source of information: a site or a video. Biographies
- Then fill in the table with the information needed.
- Write a short biography on this Padlet. Don’t forget to use SIMPLE PAST. WRITE IN YOUR OWN WORDS!!!!!!
1.Use the tool below to collaborate and write your text on your school. You can correct and improve your classsmates’ text as well. Then take some photos to add to your text.
GROUPS 1 and 2:
GROUPS 3 and 4:
GROUPS 5 and 6:
GROUPS 7 and 8:
GROUPS 9 and 10:
OUR SWAY PRESENTATION:
2.OUR HOMETOWN – BRAINSTORMING FOR STUDENTS
What would you like to know about your partners’ hometown? SHARE your thoughts on that.
OUR MOVIEMAKER VIDEO ON LISBON:
INTERACTION – Our School, our Culture, our Country, our Environment
1.Watch this video on bedrooms of children around the world.
2.Now take your time and look at the photos Bedrooms of Children around the World. CHOOSE ONE bedroom that is similar to your own bedroom and CHOOSE ONE that is very different. Explain the differences in the Comment area below.
3. Now let’s take a fascinating tour to see how people live around the world! Have a close look at this great diversity of different homes and ways of life.
4. Have a look at these photos of 12 different shelters around the world and 10 traditional homes around the world. Which home has impressed you as being completely different from your own? Explain why in the COMMENT AREA below.
5. Now it’s time to do some research on unusual homes IGLOOS and STILT HOUSES. Who builds them? Where can we find them? Why do people build igloos and stilt houses?
Let’s learn about the life and work of Martin Luther King!
SONGS HONORING MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr.
Today, over 40 years after his death, we still honor this great man and his passion for equality. In the USA his life is celebrated on the third Monday of every January. Let us not just reflect on his life and achievements, but also think about what we dream, wish for this difficult world we live in. Use the Padlet below to share your thoughts with us.
TASKS FOR 8C STUDENTS:
- Read the last text Martin Luther King Jr. had a Dream – What’s yours?
- Think about the major problems that affect the world today. Then have a look at the Padlet below. What are your dreams? Share your thoughts with us.
3.Now add a post to your blog (pair work or individual work) including the topics below:
a.Write about what you’ve learnt on Martin Luther King (his life and achievements);
b. Read Martin Luther King’s thoughts and choose the one that touches you the most. Include it in your post and say why you’ve chosen it. MLK QUOTES
c. Luther King had his dream and he believed in it so hard that he did everything he could to make it come true. What about you? What is your hope for the world?
YOU HAVE TO WRITE AT LEAST 3 or 4 PARAGRAPHS (100/120 WORDS)!
- YEAR 7 STUDENTS
YEAR 8 STUDENT
YEAR 9 STUDENTS
Let’s learn about Christmas around the world.
Read the texts and do the exercises.
Typical Christmas in London
Typical Christmas in Australia
- Make a list of customs/traditions concerning Christmas celebration in Portugal.
- Use Adobe Spark Video or Webpage and create a nice presentation on Christmas traditions in Portugal (group work):
Introduction: How important is the celebration of Christmas in Portugal?
Development: Christmas traditions in Portugal (decorations, food, habits/customs on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, presents …)
Conclusion: Ask questions about Christmas in other countries.
3. Add another post about your Christmas (individual work).
What do you like most about Christmas?
What do you dislike most about Christmas?
How did you and your family celebrate Christmas?
What did you do on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day?
What was the best day of your last Christmas holidays? What happened? What did you do? What was so great about it?
What three words do you associate with Christmas? Explain why.
Choose the 5 words that best characterize the past year? Explain why.
What are your hopes and expectations for 2017 (personal and for the world)?
Add a gallery of photos (your own or from PIXABAY or PHOTOS FOR CLASS).
Write the very best post you can for your visitors to read.
Remember essentials for a great post:
- catchy title
- includes at least one visual (with attribution) whether photo, cartoon, video or another web 2.0 tool like Voki or Adobe Spark, Movie Maker
- interesting topic with the passion of the author coming through
- well written and not copy/pasted from somewhere else
- shows it has been proofread and spellchecked
- written in paragraphs – at least three of them (100/120 words)
- includes links to other websites on similar topics – at least one
- ends with a question to lure your visitors into leaving a comment
Your choice of topics:
Autobiography – introduce us to who you are. Share your hobbies, favourite activities, interests, preferences, your personality, what makes you happy, sad, angry, your strengths and weaknesses, your family background, what and who is important to you and anything else you want others to know about the real you.
Write CAREFULLY and be CREATIVE!!!
10 ( 15 or 20) Facts about you
What are you proud of?
Music (favourite singers, musicians, bands, types of music)
Favourite person ( a special friend, family member, your personal hero, a celebrity)
Favourite Places around the World
Favourite Time of the Year/ Favourite Season
Travel – where you would like to go and why, where you have been, future travel, what to take when travelling, planning a trip etc
Time travelling – if you could travel in time what period would you visit and why
OR ANY OTHER TOPIC YOU WOULD LIKE TO WRITE ABOUT
Write CAREFULLY and be CREATIVE!!!
Now it’s time to CHOOSE the best blog so far. Take the survey below.
A. Read carefully the articles below on unhealthy food and do the listening exercises.
B. Follow these guidelines and write a text (100/120 words at least). Add a post to your blog and publish your text there. Add a gallery of photos (your own or with proper attribution), a link to an interesting site … You can also add a video.
Introduce the topic of your text. Say if you have healthy or unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle (don’t give details). Say if food plays a big role in your life or not, if you worry about your health and are careful about diet and way of life.
- Give details about your EATING HABITS, your DAILY DIET, if you often eat JUNK FOOD.Say if you have weight problems and what you do to solve/prevent that.
- Refer to what you do to KEEP FIT (exercise, sports …). If you are a member of a sports team or you do some sports on a regular basis, you are part of a sports community. Mention the pros and cons of being part of a team/a sporting group, the responsibilities, the joy and frustration, the skills you develop (team spirit, learn to lose, leadership qualities …).
- Give details about your LIFESTYLE. Are you an active, sporty person or are you a couch potato? Do you spend much time watching TV, playing games, surfing the Internet? Are you aware of the consequences?
- Refer to your INTERESTS and FREE TIME ACTIVITIES. Are you a member of an online network such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? Why? What are the pros and cons of using these social media? Are you part of a gaming network (e.g. Minecraft)? Why? Did you join any other online group or community (a fans club …)? Are you a member of a Scouts group, a music or dance group, a school club or any other after-school activity? What do you learn, what are the benefits?
Write about the importance of having a balanced diet and an active lifestyle. Sum up what we should all do to stay in shape and healthy.
Refer to what it means to be part of a community or group, its advantages, benefits, how it adds up to your life and helps you be happy.
THINK CAREFULLY WHILE ORGANISING AND WRITING YOUR TEXT. PROOFREAD YOUR TEXT (CHECK GRAMMAR, SPELLING, TEXT STRUCTURE) BEFORE PUBLISHING IT.
Have a look at these informative interesting posts: