Who keeps your town running while you sleep?
The Midnight Gardeners of Mumbai is a 12-minute film that touches on themes of work, family, social class and aspirations. It shows Pravin Bheke and Rajesh Jadhav, two night-shift workers who are part of a vast but largely invisible economy that keeps Mumbai, in India running. We follow the two as they work their way through the city after dark watering small municipal gardens — reflecting on their loves, lives and losses and sharing hopes and dreams for their future.
- Watch the documentary by Divya Pathak:
2. Read more about this project from Dvya Pathak, a documentary filmmaker.
3. After watching the documentary answer the following quiz (Rajesh is the first man showing up on the video, Pravin the other one):
4. Now watch the documentaries below on different people’s work and lives. Whenever possible click on CC to read the subtitles in English while watching the film.
5. Choose the one that impressed you the most and write a comment on it in the comment area below:
Why did you choose that documentary? Why did it impress you? What messages, emotions or ideas will you take away from this film? Why? What questions would you ask that person?
Is it the American Dream again? 17-year old Billie Eilish is already a star.
How do you face work, pain and suffering?
Doctors swear to preserve life at all cost. How can you become A Death Row Doctor?
A lawyer, a Public Defender that truly believes in the power of justice to protect civil rights.