THE DANGERS OF THE INTERNET
Watch the video and answer the questions:
LISTENING TO SHORT STORIES
N by Stephen King
Here’s a short story written by one of my favourite writers Stephen King. Answer the questions while you’re listening to the creepy story N.
THE GREAT KAPOK TREE
Listen to the story THE GREAT KAPOK TREE by Lynne Cherry. Answer the questions below in the comment area.
1. What did the two men intend to do?
2. What happened to the smaller man when he grew tired?
3. According to the monkeys what will happen if the man cuts the tree down?
4. What is the jaguar worried about?
5. What about porcupines? In their opinion why are trees so important?
6. What did all the animals try to achieve? Were they successful?
Watch the video and answer the questions below.
1. What are you afraid of?
2. What makes you nervous?
3. What do you do to overcome your fears?
ONE SUMMER NIGHT
Listen to the eerie story One Summer Night by Ambrose Bierce. Do the tasks below.
1. Where was Henry Armstrong in the beginning of the story?
2. What did the students want?
3. What did Jess do after the students ran away?
4. Imagine a different ending for the story and retell/rewrite the last part.
THE ICE BEAR
Listen to this beautiful short story The Ice Bear. It was written, illustrated and read by Jackie Morris. Answer the questions below in the comment area.
1. What tragedy happened to the ice bear mother?
2. What happened to the cub (baby bear)?
3. Who was the boy the hunter found in the snow?
4. Why did the boy get lost?
5. Who found him?
6. What did the boy remember when he touched the big bears?
7. What did the hunter want to do when he saw the bears? Why?
8. What did the boy decide to do?
9. Was it an easy decision? Why?