A. Read carefully the articles below on unhealthy food and do the listening exercises.
B. Follow these guidelines and write a text (100/120 words at least). Add a post to your blog and publish your text there. Add a gallery of photos (your own or with proper attribution), a link to an interesting site … You can also add a video.
Introduce the topic of your text. Say if you have healthy or unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle (don’t give details). Say if food plays a big role in your life or not, if you worry about your health and are careful about diet and way of life.
- Give details about your EATING HABITS, your DAILY DIET, if you often eat JUNK FOOD.Say if you have weight problems and what you do to solve/prevent that.
- Refer to what you do to KEEP FIT (exercise, sports …). If you are a member of a sports team or you do some sports on a regular basis, you are part of a sports community. Mention the pros and cons of being part of a team/a sporting group, the responsibilities, the joy and frustration, the skills you develop (team spirit, learn to lose, leadership qualities …).
- Give details about your LIFESTYLE. Are you an active, sporty person or are you a couch potato? Do you spend much time watching TV, playing games, surfing the Internet? Are you aware of the consequences?
- Refer to your INTERESTS and FREE TIME ACTIVITIES. Are you a member of an online network such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? Why? What are the pros and cons of using these social media? Are you part of a gaming network (e.g. Minecraft)? Why? Did you join any other online group or community (a fans club …)? Are you a member of a Scouts group, a music or dance group, a school club or any other after-school activity? What do you learn, what are the benefits?
Write about the importance of having a balanced diet and an active lifestyle. Sum up what we should all do to stay in shape and healthy.
Refer to what it means to be part of a community or group, its advantages, benefits, how it adds up to your life and helps you be happy.
THINK CAREFULLY WHILE ORGANISING AND WRITING YOUR TEXT. PROOFREAD YOUR TEXT (CHECK GRAMMAR, SPELLING, TEXT STRUCTURE) BEFORE PUBLISHING IT.
Have a look at these informative interesting posts:
1.Look at this ad and think carefully about it. What’s the main message? Write your thoughts in the comment area.
2. Watch this video and answer the questions.
3. Now watch this video The Science of Addictive Food. Click on SUBTITLES. Before watching the video have a look at the survey you’ll have to take afterwards.
4. Read the following article.
What are the main characteristics of junk food?
What are the dangers of eating fast food?
It’s time to really start visiting other blogs on a regular basis and leave QUALITY COMMENTS. You’ll be asked to explore the FLIPBOARD MAGAZINE that displays some of the best posts on students’ blogs. You’ll find some of your posts there. So here are the tasks for this week:
- Click on the flipboard magazine link here.
- Click on the title of the post of what looks like an interesting image or a catchy title.
- You should now be taken to the actual blog post, read it and leave a comment.
- Don’t forget to ask some questions at the end (about the post, the person who wrote it or the culture, country …).
- Come back to the magazine again and repeat two more times.
- Don’t forget to leave the URL address of your own blog.
Write a blog post mentioning the 3 blog posts you’ve read. Say why you’ve chosen them, why you liked them and ADD the comment you left. Your post should have the title Time to Visit – My Comments.
Don’t forget to add the LINK to the post you’ve read and your comment on it.
Get to it – start visiting and leaving quality comments that show you have really read the post!
Time to Visit – My Comments
Our Class Blog got a very nice comment from a boy from Canada, Daniel. He took the time to explore the Home Page. He watched the Prezi on facts about me, and the video on our school and took the survey with questions on SPGomes. So I visited his blog and found a lovely post he wrote about his home. I loved reading his post and so left the following comment:
Thanks for visiting our class blog! You left a very nice comment. Your home seems very nice. I’m sure you’re very happy there. I agree with you. Home is where we feel safe and can be with those we love. To relax I love reading and listening to audio books. Unfortunately I don’t have a pool. It must be great to be in the pool and look at the stars!
What subjects do you have and what sports do you play at school? What do Canadian teenagers do in their free time?
When you visit our class blog again, have a look at the sidebar where you’ll find the list of my students’ blogs. You can ask them questions about Portugal and they will access your blog and ask you questions about you and your country. This is such a great opportunity to learn more about other countries, other cultures and make blogging friends all over the world!
Maria João Carvalho, Portugal